Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pull-Apart Loaf with Pine Nuts & Dried Fruits














I submit that very tasty loaf to Yeastspotting.


First, I refreshed my whole wheat sourdough culture:

1 tablespoon sourdough culture

200 g water

200 g whole wheat flour

50 g stone ground rye flour

I combined the ingredients and I let it ferment from 10 PM to 3 PM. It was cold in my kitchen at night so my sourdough was not as vigorous as I would like but I decided to make a new bread. I had no plans, I didn't care about baker's math. This is a very spontaneous loaf (like most of my breads). I just used the ingredients I had in my refrigerator and waited for the results.

Final dough:

450 g sourdough starter

707 g water

1015 g whole wheat flour

In a large mixing bowl I combined the starter, water and flour and left it for 30 minutes. Then I added:

25 g salt

125 g dry roasted pine nuts

I kneaded the dough and set aside for 45 minutes.

I stretched & folded and set it aside for 45 minutes.

I repeated S& F and set it aside for 45 minutes. Another S&F again and I let it rest for 30 minutes.

I divided the dough. I flattened the pieces and stuffed with :

140 g dried pears (chopped) -first piece

12 dried apples ring, second piece.


I shaped each piece of the dough into a roll. I sliced each roll. Then I arranged the slices one next to another, alternately: a slice with apples  next to a slice with pears and  until I used all slices.
I let it proof for 45 minutes and for 45 minutes to preheat my oven with two baking stones.



Baking:

490 F for 15 minutes, with steam

460F for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment