Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spelt Sourdough with Prunes

The loaf was a gift so I didn't use whole grain flour to bake it.  I also did not experimented with the recipe. I followed  the simple formula (123-easy-formula-sourdough-bread) by Flo Makanai.

I submit the spelt sourdough to Yeastspotting.

250 g rye sourdough starter (140 g water, 130 g stone ground rye flour, 20 g rye sourdough, fermented for 24 hours )
512 g water
750 g spelt flour
10 prunes, chopped
12 g salt
 I kneaded the dough, covered it and left it to ferment for 4 hours. The dough was wet,sticky and not easy to shape, so I put it into long loaf pan ( lined with parchment paper ) and proofed it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. I removed the proofed loaf and I preheated to 500 F.
I baked the loaf :
for 20 minutes at 500F, covered with a pan similar in size
for 20 minutes at 460 F, uncovered
then I removed it from the pan and baked for another 20 minutes at 450 F.

No comments:

Post a Comment